TalaTek Achieves FedRAMP 3PAO Status Following A2LA ISO/IEC 17020:2012 Accreditation
February 15, 2015, Oakton, VA – On February 11, 2015, TalaTek, LLC, a woman-owned small business (WOSB), providing specialized managed-services in risk management, security and compliance, became an accredited FedRAMP Third Party Assessment Organization (3PAO).
This follows TalaTek’s accreditation with the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) and the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) for assessing security controls for cloud systems. These accreditations required, “presenting both maturity of organization through accreditation of ISO 17020:2012 and conformity assessment – requirements for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection and demonstration of technical competence and capability.”
TalaTek’s established Quality Management System (QMS) and time-tested processes to ensure consistent quality of assessments across the organization made the FedRAMP 3PAO accreditation possible.
TalaTek’s technical competence and capability for completing security assessments under FedRAMP includes, but is not limited to:
- Cloud Computing Service Models: Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Cloud Computing Deployment Models: Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Community Cloud and Hybrid Cloud
- The FedRAMP low and moderate security control baseline for NIST SP 800-53 Revision 4 documents
- FedRAMP-specific Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) document templates
- Automation of cloud security assessment requirements through TalaTek’s Governance, Risk Management & Compliance (GRC) model
For additional information about TalaTek’s FedRAMP 3PAO status, or any other inquiries relating to security assessments, please contact us at 3PAO@TalaTek.com. Or phone 703-828-1132 ext. 3.