TalaTek Incident Response Services
TalaTek Incident Response Services
Incident response (IR) is a company’s organized approach to quickly and effectively addressing and managing the aftermath of a security incident or system compromise. If company stakeholders do not identify and manage an incident when it happens, it can escalate to a more impactful event, such as a data breach or system failure. Effective IR can mitigate exploited vulnerabilities, restore services and processes, and minimize impact and losses.
Incident response planning involves establishing a series of best practices to stop an intrusion before it causes damage. It includes developing a written IR plan that outlines the organization’s response to a cyberattack and is designed to reduce recovery time and costs. Having a documented plan in place also helps company stakeholders understand their roles and be familiar with the correct processes and procedures to follow during an escalation.
Per NIST SP 800-61, there are four key phases of an incident response plan:
- Preparation: Preparing your stakeholders on the procedures for handling incidents or compromises, and establishing an IR team that is trained and familiar with the process through regular tabletop exercises
- Detection and analysis: Identifying and investigating suspicious activity to confirm a security incident, prioritizing your response based on impact, and coordinating effective communications
- Containment, eradication, and recovery: Isolating affected systems to prevent escalation and limit impact, pinpointing the genesis of the incident, removing malware and making sure the hackers are permanently out of your environment, and restoring systems and data once the threat is eliminated
- Post-incident activity: Holding a postmortem analysis of the incident, its root cause, and your organization’s response to improve the incident response plan and future response efforts
TalaTek can help you build a customized IR plan
TalaTek’s cyber security experts can help your organization build an incident response plan that meets your business and information security goals while satisfying your compliance and regulatory requirements. Based on industry best practice and our experts’ hands-on experience, this IR plan will inform your stakeholders on how to respond to an incident and effectively minimize its duration and impact.
Your IR plan will include guidance on:
- identifying a compromise
- minimizing dwell time
- quarantining affected systems
- removing bad actors
- assessing impact
- restoring data and systems
- remediating vulnerabilities
- managing communications
- reporting to stakeholders
- capturing lessons learned
In response to an identified compromise to your system, TalaTek will work with your team to initiate your incident response plan. We will determine the extent of the compromise and its impact, then contain the incident and ensure bad actors are no longer present in your environment. We will recover lost data and systems, where possible, and restore your environment to a secure state, remediating any vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
At the conclusion of our engagement, we will conduct a postincident briefing that includes an intrusion analysis that outlines vulnerabilities and exploits used, defenses defeated, scope of malicious activity, data and system loss, and recommended mitigation.
Be sure your team has the tools they need to identify and respond to incidents and compromises. TalaTek can help, contact us to learn more.
TalaTek is certified to deliver Incident Response services under GSA HACS SIN 132-45B